Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Surrender

Oh, sweet Surrender,
What is this peace I've found?
The fight is finally over,
And now the joy abounds.

My anxious heart is taken,
Surrendered to the Full.
My beating heart was shaken,
But now is truly whole.

Happily am I weak
Surrendered to the Strong
Just because I've given up,
And now all doubt is gone.

You see when you are fighting
You fight until you break,
And once you're finally broken,
Grave things are then at stake.

I was broken from my fight.
One i couldn't win.
I gave myself completely,
And now such Love I'm in.

I'm dead unto myself.
It's not a morbid state.
Because i am yet so Alive,
In Him i trust my fate.

In Surrender i shall stay-
In what Grace has given me.
Oh, what peace and joy i have
Cause it's where I'm supposed to be.



-2009 -Brenna

No comments:

Post a Comment