Tuesday, November 29, 2011

May Those Who Follow After

For those who come behind me,
I pray thatyou would see
My life mirroring His glory,
And this you strive to be.

May those who follow after,
Not see greed or hate
For if these things take up your heart-
Poor will be your fate.

For those who are still young,
P'raps not in age or time,
I hope you will remember
that He said "you are mine"

He asks us to serve Him wholy,
A calling true and great.
He loves and deems us worthy
Even through our mistakes.

Because we are not perfect
And never always right,
I pray you follow Him alone,
But not in your ouwn might.

You're blessed- I hope you see that.
Poor you never are.
For in His grace and mercy
Rich love is never far.

One day you will notice
Just as i have found,
A younger child-who looks to you
with feet treading the ground.

When you see this gift so great
I pray what you would do,
Is lead a life of godliness
Should they want to be like you. 





- Brenna 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment