Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Jargonsome Discourse on the Existence of a Higher Being (an introduction to the beauty of insanity:)

I am going to have a little fun with some jargon-ish language.
In one of the courses i'm taking at the college the words "reasonable", "intelligent", and "conclusion" crop up quite alot. I was thinking it might be fun to use such words in the same manner, but for a different purpose. One that is more clear and straighforward. An intelligent, reasonable conclusion. Sounds boring, ey? Bear with me a moment. haha! Think of it as an opportunity to laugh at people who think the way I have this worded. :) Then giive it a shot yourself. It's fun.
Here it goes mine.

Should a person ask the question "Why would a person who exhibits intelligence in some sphere of his life believe in the existence of God?" This would be the discourse (a literal discourse? ha. you had no idea what you were getting into when you started reading this note.) that would be my reply:

It is a reasonalbe and intelligent for me to approach the conclusion that there must be  in existence a higher being since 1. if there were no sense of order and control in what we see as our world, it would be much more chaotic than it's current state. 2. Chance itself is not a reasonalbe basis for knowlege.3. Because of the order exhibited, there must be a source of control. This source is not me. I am clearly not in control. 4. You aren't in control either. Admit it. Therefore, in considering all four of these things, it is reasonable for me to come to the conclusion that there is a being of superior intelligence that exists.
In following that line of thought, I must then ask that if there is a God who is higher, then there must surely be some evidence of it. For if not, this God would either be silent or dead. However, because of how he has revealed himself, it would be UNintelligent and UNresasonable [not to insult anyone's rationale here, just following a pattern like many people who make habbits of offending people. -bows-] for it to be assumed that this Higher Being were any less than living. He has revealed Himself through an exhibition of control, design, order, nature and miracles ("natural" versus "unnatural") one must come to terms with and come to the acceptane of God's existence. -Even more so for myself since one of the said miracles is how my life has been utterly transformed by this God. I have experienced something beyond human comprehention.
Therefore, it is not only intelligent and reasonable for one to accept the reality of God's existence, but it is necessary if one does not want to live his life out in a delusion.

End notes:
And still, all of this is just the beginning.
God does not need my help proving Himself to others. In being Who He is, he is in no way limitted to my inferior capabilites. He will and has revealed Himself.
None of this fully or even remotely explains a person's (aka, MY) passion and zeal for this living God. However, I must leave that to be explained for another time.
Because of the "intelligence and reasonalbeness" of my conclusion, I have zero reason to be ashamed of my belief in God.
There is so much more good news and I would love to tell you about it.

Again, I am not trying to prove that God exists. He has already taken care of that.
Lastly I want to state that the best news that we hear is news that is outside of understanding and reasonablilty. Reason and intelligence are merely tools were are given to use. They mustn't become a god to us, lest we lose sight of better things.

(I hope you have enjoyed my discouse. Feel free to comment with opinions, reactions, and whatnot.  I have rather enjoyed putting this together and would love any feedback.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment